April 23, 2007
I'm in Paris, France this week attending The Open Group's Enterprise Architecture Practitioners Conference. Besides systems and software architecture, I've taken an interest in Enterprise architecture as of late as a means to better align IT with the business interests of my organization.
Any readers out there working on Enterprise Architecture using a formal, established framework such as TOGAF or Zachman? If so, what have your experiences been?
April 11, 2007
Update: This position has been filled. Thanks again to all those who applied
Amkor Technology is currently looking for a Sr. Web Application Engineer to join the web services team at our Chandler, AZ location. As a member, this position will be responsible for designing, developing and supporting Enterprise class web applications for a Fortune 1000 global company using the latest web based tools and cutting-edge technology. Additionally, you'll get to work with some great people including Adam Crump and Jim Bambrough.
Major responsibilities of this position include:
- Requirements gathering and analysis
- Application development and testing
- Production support
- New technology evaluation
The following skills and attributes are desired for this position:
- Experience with OO design and development, Mach-II, UML, Flash/Flex and the Eclipse IDE is preferred
- Java skills are highly desirable
- Ability to perform detailed analysis and prepare detailed programming specifications from customer requirements
- Ability to code from specifications using ColdFusion and other web development languages
- Ability to deliver solutions on time and within budget
- Knowledge of troubleshooting and incident resolution practices
- Ability to work with reporting tools and data extraction methods
- Ability to prepare and conduct a comprehensive system test plan (unit, functional, integration, regression)
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to adhere to technical and administrative standards
- Ability to follow formal SDLC methodology and create supporting documentation
- Knowledge and adherence to change management best practices
- Strong oral and written communication skills
This position requires approximately 5% domestic travel. Sorry, no telecomuters and no recruiters/agencies.
For more information, see our website.
If you have specific questions about the position, please feel free to contact me via my contact form.